Trendy Mexican concept, located in Los Feliz, is looking to onboard an experienced, creative, Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager to join the team! The ideal candidate will have prior experience & passion for Mexican cuisine & 2+ years of kitchen management experience required.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared & served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking & serving standards
- Provide orientation of company & department rules, policies & procedures & oversee training of new kitchen employees
- Work with restaurant managers to plan & price menu items
- Establish portion sizes & prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items
- Control food cost & usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes & waste control procedures.
- Oversee & ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed & completed on a timely basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of kitchen management experience.
- The ideal candidate must be confident in his or her ability to run the kitchen & must be a true team player
- Must have confidence in managing BOH & hiring new members if necessary
- This individual must be ambitious, dedicated & excited to grow within the culinary family
- Must be a master when it comes to all financial elements of the business
- Must have extensive PNL experience
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Paid cell phone
- Vacation time
- Unique corporate culture
- Growth within the organization