Mexican upscale hipster tequila restaurant/bar, located in Los Feliz, is looking to onboard an experienced General Manager ASAP! The ideal candidate must have 2+ years GM experience and very strong PNL skills. A passion for Mexican food and tequila is a major plus!
- Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation & cleanliness through training of employees.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies & procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards & efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.