One of California’s hottest restaurant groups is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to become the newest addition to their team. If you love crafty cocktails, high caliber beer & are passionate about providing an unforgettable dining experience then this is the position for you!
- Oversee kitchen to execute ticket times within company standards & expectations.
- Manage all labor and product costs to budget and expectation.
- Execute specials to test products and minimize waste.
- Uphold all company values and be a cultural leader and example for all staff.
- Maintain high level of communication standards with leadership and staff.
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are compliant with California health codes and standards at all times.
- Ensure operational excellence and manage day-to-day business of designated venue; execute the highest level of product quality.
- Control costs by monitoring waste, ordering efficiently & scheduling intelligently
- Execute training plans for BOH staff.
- Oversee the daily open and close procedures using proper documentation and communication
- Assist in the development of kitchen processes and training plan.
- Assist in the development of BOH systems a standard operating procedures.
- Drive standards and culture of excellence through hand’s- on, in-person leadership of assigned venue.
- Contribute to maintenance plans so kitchens run efficiently & stay clean.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for kitchen maintenance, inventory & ordering of small wares, food & equipment.
- Maintain systems & organization for specials & core menu recipe documentation, costing of individual menu items, vendor statements & accuracy of our accounts & invoice logs.
- 2+ years Sous Chef experience.
- Must have a strong passion for culinary excellence & must take pride in working with quality ingredients.
- Must have an advanced understanding of kitchen operations and health code compliance.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Must have the prove ability to troubleshoot problems big and small on an enterprise level as well as one on one with store staff.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of scratch cooking & farm-to-table cuisine.
- Must be energetic, entrepreneurial, but have the ability to stick to corporate procedures.
- Must have full service & high-volume restaurant experience.
- Must be self-motivated & exhibit an aptitude for leading, coaching & driving excellence.
- Responsible for coaching & motivating kitchen staff to develop their skills in delegation & goal setting of more complex tasks.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable of overall & specific product costs.